Tuesday, May 06, 2008


Autobots and Deceptacons


Protect or destroy, Good or evil, black and white.


No shades of grey in the world of the Autobots, our whole lives we are shown a world through TV, teachers, scriptures, and books. Good is always rewarded (except for Job where it is ok to treat someone poorly as long as it is for the purposes of gamblng) and Evil is always punished (except where we try to illustrate eternal reward over transient possessions).


Life when I was a child was simple, people were nice, crime existed but was always caught and punished, life made sense.


Optimus Prime, noble, honest, kind, loyal, selfless in actions would, if he existed today be stuck in a middle management position, up to his eye balls in debt, and . Megatron evil, disloyal, ambitious, dastardly , uncaring, would be the head of a multinational corporation surrounded by money and prosperity.


Now here I am very lost within, fighting morality, still hoping and praying for the simple black and white days of youth, answers to why bad stuff happens, and why shit things happen to good people.


I see a world dying, horrid senseless acts, for money, for street cred, and worse still just for kicks. People trying to live up to a US gangsta image, we have become obsessed with image to a point we follow any image put in front of us.



I want to feel the way I did as a child, hope, oportunity, and innocence. Instead of work, worry, and the harsh realities of life.


**i talked to Stace**


I just looked at an image of a two people black and white, side by side riding a bike up a hill. I feel like crying looking at the picture, freedom of the road, thoughts of my father and life I left behind chasing something I may not even be able to obtain...


Somedays it is just really hard to make sense of it all

6 Comments:

Blogger Lletna said...

just keep on being true to yourself, and remember why you are doing what you are doing!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I so agree with you, but, just keep focused and keep on doing the right thing, in the end, it is all we can do. I see stuff at work all the time and the question "Why?" always comes up. Some times the answer is "Just because..it does". Who knows?
This past week has been a shocker here at home with the theft of my son's bike. The why is already answered, they took it because it was an awesome bike. Also, probably a challenge to get...cutting a lock and gettig it out of a schoolyard compund.
It makes me feel sick to think someone is riding it somewhere or has it at their house when our Tomas ought to be riding it.
Anyway, keep on going Aidan, you are an awesome person with alot of thoughts and strong feelings on all things good. And, I am proud :)

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aidan, I dont know what to say, however I do have a bad song in my head so I will sing that instead:

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile, play chess and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

aws.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Donn said...

The senselessness of it all is terrifying. The different set of rules for the different groups of people is frustrating.

I still think that we need to get through to the children and stop kids from having kids. Most of the ganstas here join up because they don't have a Family..
no boundaries, no hope, no affirmation, no sense of right or wrong, they literally have nothing to lose.

It's not their fault it's their parents fault.

Don't try and reinvent the wheel..you cannot do it all by yourself. One day at a time.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Within Without said...

Hey Aidan...

Sometimes it's hard not to feel this avalanche of negativity or having a sense of missing what was.

It's like the End of the Innocence or something.

What you've got to do -- and I find myself struggling to do it for me at times -- is don't let all the rat-tat-tat of negatives obscure the positives.

Seek 'em out, comb every bit of brush or turn over ever rock if you have to, but they're there.

Best with it, mate.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

and where r u sir?

Keshi.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home