Monday, August 06, 2007



**** Queue Fanfare****

Tonight on this is your life, we have with us a man who was born on the 18th of July 1918, who spent three decades in prison for his beliefs, and went on to become President of South Africa… Aidan I this is your life.

Aidan: I think that Nelson Mandela’s File.
Host: Are you sure? Might be a bit young for 1918 I’ll concede I just assumed you drank a lot of tea. Have you spent any time in Robben island at all?

Aidan: Can we assume for the moment I haven’t?

Host: Ok; you weren’t by any chance born on June 14 1928, and a South American Rebel leader??

Aidan: Not quite…. Born August 82, does that help?

Host: Leane Rimes?

Aidan: Do I look like Leane Rimes?

Host: A little, maybe if you shaved we could read her file…Ok then who are you?

Aidan: Aidan.

Host: well what’s so special about you?

Aidan: I’m nearly 25 is that something, I survived 25 years? Does that make me special?

Host: You survived puberty good for you.. Did you know Leane Rimes has sold over 37 million albums world wide?

Aidan: wow that’s cool. She turns 25 this year too.

Host: She did all that. what have you done?…

Aidan: Well I um, *hesitates* I got a degree? Does that count? Molecular Biology biochemistry?

Host: lets face it Universities are glorified babysitters. No real challenge there. No plethora of lovers?
Aidan: No, not since I got married.
Host: A romantic story?
Aidan: we got drunk and I dragged her to the back seat of my….
Host: I’ll have to stop you there.
Host: Grammy award?
Aidan: No
Host: Military service?
Aidan: Yes, trained duxed a course, on call for os duty but never deployed.
Host: That’s something I guess.
Aidan: I ride my bike a lot, held a pilots licence and at least 6 people owe me a life debt.
Host:Life debt?
Aidan: I saved their lives through search and rescue or resuscitation there fore in part I am
responsible for them.
Host: That’s odd, Religion?
Aidan: Satanist,
Host: Oh
Aidan: Yeah sorry. I’ve jumped out of helicopters, held a pilots license, been to Asia Europe and
travelled. I’ve seen most of Australia, a heap on foot or Push bike, raised thousands for charity.

Host: Guess that’s ok not really TV material
Aidan: I bought a Leane Rimes Album.
Host: Really !
Aidan: Nah. Sorry to disappoint.

I am Approaching the quarter way mark I am wondering what have I done to deserve this life, have I done enough, do I have enough to show for it. Show much left undone, so many adventures lay ahead. I have a wonderful travelling partner who has made the last 3 years spectacular.
Maybe I am just getting old.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Whitesnake said...

Ya have crammed mor into 25 years than I have in 47. That's gotta say something!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

OMG Aidan thats the neatest post I've ever read! Great style.


**Aidan: Do I look like Leane Rimes?

LOL!


**Aidan: I saved their lives through search and rescue or resuscitation there fore in part I am responsible for them.

I think that sums it up. U hv done more than AVERAGE. Cos u saved lives! Its the HIGHEST achievement in life..

Is it ur bday soon?

Keshi.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Lletna said...

Aidan,

you've done so much - just because you don't think others think its big - doesn't mean it isn't!!

You've travelled
You've found your true love
You've found yourself - well at least half (which is more than what I have done)
You've attempted to serve the country

The people who aren't seen on This is your life are the ones that actually contribute the most!!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Menchie said...

Birthdays are always a nice time to reflect about what you've accomplished. You should feel good about what you've done. Not everyone can look like LeAne Rimes. LOL!!

so when is your birthday?

2:53 AM  
Blogger Stace said...

You have achieved so much in so little time, and I'm really proud of you. I love you baby, happy birthday even though it's not for a couple of weeks :)

3:12 AM  
Blogger Aidan said...

Whitesnake: Still doesn't feel like enough sometimes. Maybe i am as always over analysing the situation instead of just getting on with the task at hand.

KEshi: Birthday is coming up... 9 days time.

I just did what was put in fornt of me nothing more or less. Hard to explain.

Lletna:
You've travelled True but there is so much more to see.
You've found your true love- agreed

You've found yourself - well at least half (which is more than what I have done) - I have worked out that it is more or less impossible to know ones self as all perceptions are valid.

You've attempted to serve the country. Just a job.

The people in my life the friendships and love are important, and make a huge contribution to my life. You do have a point. without all the bloggers, Stace, yourself, andrew and all the other assorted mates life would be nothing. Thanks for bringing my head back to the important.

Menchie: LeAne Rimes looks like her self all the time i am just a poor imitation:)


Stace: thanks stace, you are one of my greatest achievements and you did it all by yourself just by being you:)

2:36 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

whoaaaaa! so it's 16th or the 17th?

Keshi.

5:44 PM  
Blogger TidalGrrrl said...

25 is not old! ;) It's not the years, however, it's how you spend them. It sounds like you're making the most of it. Yay for joo!! =)

9:06 AM  
Blogger Aidan said...

Hey keshi: 17th, 8 days and counting got my pressies from stace and my parents already:)

Shelly: i try my best but s much still left undone

2:34 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

wut pressie d u want from me? :)

Keshi.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Within Without said...

And now, Aidan...THIS IS YOUR LIFE!

(Cue Neil Young's Old Man...)

Congrats, mate, on achieving what you have, which is an open, intelligent state of being.

Happy Birthday. Oh, to be 25 again...

6:24 AM  
Blogger Aidan said...

KEshi: Your Presence is my presents.

Within Without: Hrmm i guess thats something. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

aww HUGGGGGGGGGZ!

but I wanna give u a tangible pressie :)


Keshi.

10:17 PM  
Blogger homo escapeons said...

You are an amazing fellow! What separates you from the herd, aside from being brilliant, is your fantastic attitude and appreciation for the enormity of Life and yet you sustain an inquisitiveness and positive attitude. Very rare.

I am approaching 50 this year and while I had my midlife crisis in my late 30s I fear another bout of self evaluation coming on. I was hoping to be rid of all that nonsense.

You have a great deal to be proud of and the fact that you found someone so amazing to share your journey with is beyond estimation.
Don't change a thing!
Except your underwear of course.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Aidan said...

KEshi: thanks, i think i have everything i need in life:)

HE: change underwear, forwards backwards, inside out forwards and inside out back wards?

Self assessment can be very positive, taking stock of where you are and where you are going...self improvement.

It is just well we dwell on whats has been, or plan incessantly and we forget to live is when it becomes a problem.

Thanks for the pep talk HE!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

mebbe a CD? :)

Keshi.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home