Saturday, August 11, 2007

Following up on a Tag from Stace:

8 Random things about Aidan...

1) I would consider Myself an athiestic satanist.... IE i love the spirit of rebelion and qyuestioning embodied by satan, however i feel the details of its existence are a bit sketchy.

2) I am alergic to Oranges and orange juice. I have only found one other person who had the same alergy. I met this young man in hospital, who had also broken his arm (same one on the same day) and was in the same ward as me. Very weird.

3) I have very high levels of testosterone, I have the pathology results framed on the wall. I am just below the dangerous levels.

4) I have dyed my hair nearly every colour, pink, blue, red, green, black, and bleached blonde. The only time my parents ever got upset is when it was black they thought it made me look sinister...

5) I ride atleast 40 km most days, with the exception of pouring rain or gale force winds. Living on the coast we generally get the latter. My next big ride will be 210 km in a day. More to come on that topic.

6) I dont watch TV at all. We have one in the house, it has no reception it is there for our bizare movie collection, including such greats as.... Trainspotting, the crow, triumph of the will, hot fuzz, shaun of the dead, hoodwinked, Dark City, Dogma, to name just a few.

7) Anyone listening to my ipod on shuffle would assume i was bipolar. My musical tastes range from The Wiggles to Cradle of filth. Often the ipod will play toot toot chugga chugga big red car, then follow up with suicide and other comforts. I happy bop along to both...

8) I held a civilian pilots licence for about 6 years from 1996 until 2001, i then lost interest and went onto other adventures. I have also held a helicopter crewmans, and jumped out of a chopper from 50 ft into the water to facilitate rescues.... pin drop with the prop wash. Such a rush.

Ok well i hope this has been enlightening, anyting else you want to know just ask....I generaly dont do lists so i am not tagging anyone else.

Aidan

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Oranges and orange juice - never heard of that one. I've gotten similar "What...?!" responses to my own allergy to chicken. Also turkey and goose. If it flies I guess I can't eat it.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Menchie said...

I found your parents' reaction to your black hair really funny!

My niece is also allergic to oranges. Citrus fruits in general, I guess. Not so uncommon, I think. Citrus fruit/juice is generally not given to babies under 6 months as it can trigger allergies.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Aidan said...

i can have any form of citrus with the exception of orange.. lemons are fine, limes any of those just orange:) Go figure.

My mother never gave me orange juice, she just drank a lot of orange juice while breast feeding, that is where the alergy stems from:)

7:53 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Very interesting info abt ya Aidan!

**Anyone listening to my ipod on shuffle would assume i was bipolar.

that I share with ya! :)

Keshi.

8:33 PM  
Blogger homo escapeons said...

Is it even technically possible to be an Atheist and believe in Satan?
Perhaps you should refer to one of his other names like Mephistopholes or Lucifer. Saying that you are a SANTA-ist would look better on a resume..that isn't as stigmatizing and doesn't conjure up images of animal sacrifices in the basement.

Maybe you're just a Pagan or a plain old fashioned Agnostic?
Anyway, nowadays Paganism is called polytheistic reconstructionism and who the hell is going to admit to that at a cocktail party?

C'mon you're allergic to orange juice..same arm same day..HELLO!
I think that a secret branch of the government planted a chip in your brain at the hospital and that both of you guys have some Manchurian Candidate code word that has something to do with OJ and high levels of testosterone.

I can't imagine cycling that far in one year. That is so cute that your parents didn't like the black hair?

Prop wash pin drops eh..cool. I have read in several books that sharks love the low frequency sound of the rotors which is ironic considering the whole rescue angle.

You are a very interesting specimen.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Whitesnake said...

Number 6 did not include Harry Potter???????
There is nothing wrong with the wiggles, especially when ya only young!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Bipolar you say...come on over to nurse cazzie..I got some lithium that can fix that, lol...on the contrary..I got some awesome tracks that are all so different on my Ipod too :)

12:22 AM  
Blogger Jewel said...

So, do you ever crave oranges,Aidan, seeing as how you are allergic to them and can't have them? That usually happens to people when they are allergic to them, you know. I had a biology teacher who was allergic to cherries and he knew it, but he craved the things, ate cherry pie over the weekend and came into school with his face all puffy and red and awful looking. Couldn't resist the cherries any longer.
You are definitely a unique individual and that is a good thing. *smile* You've done so much for one so young. Well, you're young to me! *smile*

6:30 AM  
Blogger Aidan said...

HE: polytheistic reconstructionism sounds like you are using lego slightly outside the laws of physics. Many satanists are infatc either athiest or agnostic, i recently made the switch between the two.

The microchip may explain several of the black helicopters that circle my home, as well or better than the airport being near by. It didnt really come up in conversation to quizz him on his respective testosterone levels.

"You are a very interesting specimen." that is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said:)

Whitesnake: Harry Features quite heavily. I was into the wiggles when they were underground!

Cazzie: Lithium might help...more just the extremes of genre tends to be a little strange. I still dont trust itunes, my firewall banned it from connecting to the net!

Jewel: I cant say i have missed oranges. mmmmm cherries i think i would still risk it if it was cherries, dark and sweet... We had a fruit dealer at uni, all his fruit was borderline over ripe, so much juice cherries would squirt. Absolutely superb!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

one more day to go...:)

Keshi.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Hildegarde said...

Enlightening : yes (in capitals) :-) You're very special !!
Previous post : wise your are, but old ? now you make me laugh :-)

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home