Thursday, July 05, 2007

I sometimes wonder, well firstly why the save now button is slowly creeping across the screen with unknown purpose or intent as I write this, and secondly if i am truly an alien observer in a human disguise.

Yes before you say it it is not a very good disguise.

This has been brought ot my attention through my own behaviour over the last few months, as you all know i am the Stereotypical Australian Science Geek/ cyclist, that is so prevalent in all the Physcology books. However i can be human, you know flawed and imperfect; now before you jump in an say "Aidan thats a lie perfection is crap next to you" please hear me out.

This story like most stories on this blog is about a girl, not the girl i usually write about, my beautiful, intelligent, all round great chick, wife Stacy, but annother. This girl is/was not a a great girl, she was conceited, and opinionated, and had very little time for the hero of the piece (yours truly) , during the time we shared in high school.

However as life has a sense of humour on my daily walk from the station to work i see this girl, neither of us wishing to renew an aquaintence, we did the only mature and sensible thing , we did the blank.

You know you walk past distracted by something else, not making eye contact, staring on ahead as if it is a total stranger or axe murder walking beside you. So we found away round the unfortable "hey, how is life", "Do you remeber such and such", "Wow your butt got BIGGG" kind of small talk we all know and love. Our lives continued on, nothing to be said.

The plan was working perfectly, except, now we walk past one annother on a daily basis, we are now at the recognise each other as regular passer by stage, so now we blank due to past history and the blank of recognition. Yes ladies and gentlemen, fellow alien observers, Canadians , I have created the double blank.

Childish huh?

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Whitesnake said...

Ok Adian whatever ya smoking or drinking I want some!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Menchie said...

Double blank huh? Maybe i should ry it sometime.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Nope, not childish, I do it sometimes when I see people I was past acquainted with.
Just yesterday I said hello to one person I could have blanked, and she said hello back, and surprised us both by it too.

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Hildegarde said...

How truly embarrassing, I can easily project one particular guy before my eyes that I sure wouldn't like "to blank with" on a daily basis.
I like the disguise though :-)
Keep us informed !
I looked the word "geek" up today because I didn't believe one definition of it (the one about biting off the head of a chicken, bat or snake, I read that here) (???)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Within Without said...

You mean there's actually another human being on the planet like you, a science geek/cyclist?

Oh no...

Mate, you haven't made it clear what happened. Sounds like you 2 were an item that went bad.

All I can say is sh*t happens.

We all have experiences or relationships that didn't end right or that we regret.

Some kind of painful karma seems to bring those back to us, I suspect as a reminder of what was.

You're not being childish. There may come a time when, finally, you'll decide to confront it.

If and when the time is right, it will happen. If the time doesn't come, just be happy with what you have.

And that, from what I can tell, is a lot. :-)

7:43 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

aww the Aidan I know dun do double blanks on a dudette, or does he?

Keshi.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Aidan said...

Whitesnake: Puff puff pass

Menchie: It is an odd one very immature, its probably best to actually talk..

Cazzie: i should probably make the effort, she may have changed.. i doubt it though

Hildegarde: Geek can be (like the famous enigma: see jim rose's circus) someone who is essentially omnivorous, raw animals, fish , ligh bulbs etc.... I am the other kind of geek, the technology-ophile, the one who likes knowlege trivia and information.

Within WIthout: I have heard legends and rumours of annother like me, yet to be confimred... No History romantically speaking. just someone who wasnt exactly a lovely person, maybe she has changed. More just laughing at my own childishness and attempt at being human!

Keshi: Yeh i am flawed imperfect and unfortunately human... ATleast i am aware of my short comings... It is someone who wasnt great to me to begin with....

8:19 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

** It is someone who wasnt great to me to begin with....

Understood :) I hv done that to few evil dudes too.

Keshi.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Aidan check out my latest holiday destination. :)

Keshi.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Within Without said...

Where's your review of the latest Harry Potter movie? You've been running that promo on your site for months...have you seen it yet?

7:00 AM  
Blogger Aidan said...

Harry Potter 5 in a word MEH. Acting has got a little tired, most of the actors are way too old for the role they play, Fred and George look about 24. Number 5 is my least favourite of the books, I wasn’t expecting a heap. Some huge continuity issues, the scar appears and disapears through out the movie, not to mention the glass in the glasses, keeps appearing then going...

However there are some memorable scenes and one of the saddest moments in the series, over all it is about 3 stars but the Potter fans (Potter-philes) will still love it.

Still worth a look just to continue the journey...

More excited about book seven!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Within Without said...

Thanks Mate! I'll wait til it comes out on DVD, when my daughter will force me to buy it...

7:10 AM  
Blogger Jewel said...

Yep, I've done "the blank" a time or two myself, Aidan, though not often. I seldom let anyone get away with not saying hello to me. I mean we only get one go around sometimes, right? *smile*

10:33 AM  
Blogger txandi said...

trade the blanks for something "different." do something utterly off-the-wall: approach her like you are a jehovah witness and hand her a bible; stuff ground beef under your shirt, and as you walk by, pull chunks out, curse-in-pain-like, and scream "not another flesh-eating alien microbe...noo!, noooo!" warped, i know. fun, you ask? try it ~t~

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home