Thursday, May 24, 2007




Its Official Stace and I are 1.2 times greater than Drew Barrymore and Tom Green and a Staggering 1.7 times greater than Nicolas Cage and Lisa Marie Presley. Both of these stats pale into insignificance compared to be being a whopping 180 times greater than the coupling of Britney (oh look at me I'm a Diva Spears) and Jason (people think I was on Seinfield) Alexander. (I know its not george from Seinfeld but his picture was funnier)

Yes ladies, Gentlemen and Canadians of the Blogosphere Stace and I are celebrating our belly button lint anniversary today, a grand total of six glorious months as husband and wife.

With Stace and I, it was love at fifth bottle , a party a few glasses of red, a few risqué trivial pursuit questions, and a drunken pash. From such humble and potentially embarrassing beginnings our love flourished due to many hours of… cuddles, adventure, Monty Python, Red Dwarf, Terry Pratchett and of course many romantic misunderstandings.

We have been together through thick and thin since: travelling Europe, Singapore, learning, growing and loving… Not to mention she is correcting my spelling and punctuation as we speakJ

I guess what I am trying to say is thank you Stacy, I would be lost without you, your love your support the way you bandage me up when I fall (and never seem to learn), the way you hold me when life gets tough, the way you always seem to be able to cheer me up, the way you let me win at chess, thanks for letting me get married in work boots and thanks for an amazing 6 months I can't wait to see what our future holds.

17 Comments:

Blogger homo escapeons said...

Fantastic news for Modern Man!

I am afraid that the next phase is a little trickier..the Kid Rock/Pam Anderson and J-lo/Ojani Noa-Cris Judd phase..WOAH!

then if you lovebirds can manage that kind of delerious commitment, you can step up to the preternatural successful hollywood marriage hall of fame like Tom Green and Drew Barrymore!

Seriously Aidan, please stop making the rest of us husbands look so unromantic...
you will regret it!


Have a lash at Will Your Marriage Last in my fave mag:
http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20000101-000036.html

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jewel said...

I am so happy for the two of you, Aidan and Stace! And I've never seen a wedding picture of the couple's feet! This is a first! It's always been the hands with the newly-given rings, you know? What a unique idea! Many more happy days, months and years to the two of you! ((HUGS))

11:34 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Damnation, you made me cry, I love that you love Stace so much...it is an awesome feeling.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Angel Without Wings said...

You are such a sweetheart Aidan as is your gorgeous wife. I hope you will always be as happy as you are right this moment. Keep on cherishing every delicious minute together, you ol softie.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Stace said...

Ever felt lost for words? :)

12:45 AM  
Blogger Within Without said...

What, Aidan, did you goose-step up the aisle to greet your lovely bride at the church?

Congratulations to you both. You are THE Worldwide Blogging Couple of the Year.

Six months isn't really a long time in the scheme of things, but it's long enough to grow belly button lint.

And if you can mark each six months with the romance and love and caring like this, you'll be running this post over as often as Monty Python reruns.

Loves ya both!

10:36 AM  
Blogger lee said...

If you have a mutual love and respect of Monty Python it is no wonder that you've made it to the six month mark :). Monty Python and paper hats - that is all you need . The Beatles said that love is all you need, but they were clearly wrong.

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Hildegarde said...

Congrats and may you live happy ever after ! :-)
It's great to see a happy couple and I love the pic.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Aidan said...

HE: the kid rock/ pam anderson i can do with out.. A) because i would look stupid in a white bikini. B) I dont have a sex tape to post on the net. HE start making the romantic effort, You wont regret it.

Jewel: I have photos of my feet all over the world, china, all of europe, sout pacific and most landmarks in AUS, My wedding just adds to the list.

Cazzie: sorry for making you cry, Just thought i could make the world a bit happier showing a success story.

Angel without wings: I hope we are this happy for ever, hey we can only try.

Stace: love you

WW: No goose stepping, although i did get to choose the music, (mostly). Six months is a good start, and hopefuly more to come.

Lee: i am sure our relationship is based on Monty Python, never at a loss for what to say when you both have every sketch commitied to memory, although it can distract from other marital activities.

Hildegarde: will drop into your blog today i dont have access to it at work. Dad is a professional photographer, so our weddins shots were 1) cheap and 2) spectacular.

To all: thank you all for your words, you are all a part of this, you enrich our lives and i am very proud to share this with you all.

Aidan

2:17 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

SOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBZ!

Aidan ur such a swt hrt!

My best wishes to both of u always!

Keshi.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Aidan said...

Keshi: thanks:)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Menchie said...

The picture of your feet is soooo cute! I have mostly hands but your feet pic is so original!

Congratulations on your sixth month anniversary. Wishing both of you a lot more years to cuddle, blog, and just be happy together!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Aidan said...

Awww thanks menchie:)
Just a weird us moment

5:59 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

yupperz I love that last pic!

Keshi.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Aidan's Dad said...

Having a son and a "daughter" like you two gives my life some real meaning. I hope that you never change, remain as "crazy in love" as any two people that I have ever met I hope your love lasts forever. I am both proud and humble to be part of your lives and dreams.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Aidan said...

Dad: Thanks for all the support dad, it means a lot to Stace and I. STace and I are glad to have you and mum along for the ride:)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

awww how sweeeeeeeeet!

Keshi.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home