Tuesday, February 13, 2007


I know this is cowardly way to end this, public anonymous forum in front of faceless strangers, but as the song goes; I am in fact tempted by the fruit of another. It has been a great relationship; don’t get me wrong we worked so well together over 3 or 4 years, but we are drifting a part. With any long term relationship after a while you crave something exciting and something new. Something which suits the new you… And that’s why I must say good bye, I am sorry determinism I have started a relationship with existentialism…

"come on now don’t look at me like that, I know we will always be friends, remember the time I used to you to explain that criminals are merely a victim of circumstances, and everyone laughed at us?' " fun time fun times." Or when I tried to explain that playing mouse trap actually made you a god? Those times are gone, but we will always have the memories."

Why the change of heart I hear you ask? I guess it’s the little things, I see too many people hiding behind their circumstances; the world is against me, I cant win in an all male world, anyone that says you're paranoid is in on the plot. You were a comfort zone, somewhere I could hide, I was not responsible for my choices when I was with you, sure it may be a factors and influences, but you have to accept I can make my own choices now, more importantly I can be held accountable. Nature and Nurture sure there is a level of that, sure poverty increases crime but there is still the choice between "Right" and "Wrong".
Moral evil and determinism

Yes I know it ties in well with a remote and uncaring god via the causa prima arguments, but what of causa Sui, what about self respect, what about self discipline and control. I have lived by these why do you expect me not to expect the same of others.
What is Causa Prima

I know it hurts, but I am seeing people are responsible for their problems, debt especially, laziness and compliance drives these people, the path of least resistance, they can make an effort but only in an emergency. Why don’t they take control of there own lives?

Yes determinism its over, I promise I'll call you, hey we can even have coffee like we used to when I was at university. Ill think of you always..

The free moral agent

Aidan

12 Comments:

Blogger Stace said...

Welcome to the real world :) The easiest way to deal with it is by spending as little time there as possible. Good luck with your newfound free will :)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Aidan said...

it probably wont last we will be back together by the end of the week....

3:40 PM  
Blogger Menchie said...

And it's Valentines Day. How apt!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Menchie said...

And it's Valentines Day. How apt!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

LOL, people don't take control of their own lives because they CHOOSE not to, it validates their existance on Earth as people who don't feel the need to worry, like you say, until an emergency comes along...like eviction from a house, waving goodbye to their expensive car on the back of a tow truck.
My kids say to me, "Mum, those people have such a nice BMW", and I say, yes love, the bank probably still owns it too. Probably true most times.
Love the pic of the wilting flowers, very nice :)

4:50 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

LOL Aidan good one!

deteminism vs existentialism...very clever post.


**but you have to accept I can make my own choices now, more importantly I can be held accountable

thats very imp. If u have achieved that stage, then it's the best that could happen to anyone. Alot of ppl run away from decisions, blaming/putting em on someone else. But if we can be responsible for our own choices, the world would be a much better place.


**seeing people are responsible for their problems, debt especially, laziness

I agree. most ppl wud do anything to 'look' and 'thought of' as better/richer/powerful etc. It's stupid. Just be whoever u r w.o. having to carry a very heavy conscience. Thats what I wanna be - be free.


Keshi.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Aidan said...

Menchie: i am a huge fan of irony

Menchie: i am a huge fan of irony

CAZZIE: "the bank probably still owns it too. Probably true most times." i work in finance with credit cards, i know what people actually own:)

Keshi: Thats what I wanna be - be free.
got it in one....

4:21 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

and yet its a bit hard in this superficial world.

Keshi.

5:47 PM  
Blogger lee said...

Well, you got me -when I started reading that I freaked out and thought:come on, aidan, you and stace-already!!!! You bugger!!! :).

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to stress you there lee... no we are still together... All the single ladies will just have to go with out:)

Keshi: very true

2:59 AM  
Blogger Aidan said...

Sorry to stress you there lee... no we are still together... All the single ladies will just have to go with out:)

Keshi: very true

3:05 AM  
Blogger Homo Escapeons said...

Do you ever get the feeling that your Life is living You?
Now I forgot all of the things that I tried to place here the other day but I just want to say that you have obviously arrived ahead of schedule (wise beyond your years) so take advantage of your new found freedom and take a nice long nap.
The other 5,999,999,999 people should reach the same conclusion in about....er...um....could I interest you in an appetizer while you're waiting?

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home