As the new minister for music in Homo Escapeons Marxist (Groucho) and Leninist (John) empire, I should lay down some ground rules
1. Firstly Rap is outlawed, talking is not singing.
2. Techno is outlawed, as are DJs, I don’t care how well they can press the play button on the machine.
3. Girl groups are to be returned to the cloning vat from which they came.
4. Music will accept a restraining order against reality TV, Reality TV is to have no contact with music, talk about music, or create any show about music.
5. The recorder is not an instrument, regardless if played nasally.
6. Rock achieved perfection in the seventies so saith the minister
7. Individuality will not be defined by the contents of the Ipod
8. Punk rock, reached perfection with the Ramones.
9. All music with have soul and substance, 13 year olds signing about how painful a break up is, and who she hooked up with the next night will also be outlawed.
10. The unofficial Anthem for sporting events will be Punk Rock song By BAD RELIGION.
PUNK ROCK SONG
have you been to the desert?
have you walked with the dead?
there's a hundred thousand children being killed for their bread
and the figures don't lie they speak of human disease
but we do what we want and we think what we please
have you lived the experience?
have you witnessed the plague?
people making babies sometimes just to escape
in this land of competition the compassion is gone
yet we ignore the needy and we keep pushing on
we keep pushing on
this is just a punk rock song
written for the people who can see something's wrong
like ants in a colony we do our share
but there's so many other fuckin' insects out there
and this is just a punk rock song
(like workers in a factory we do our share
but there's so many other fuckin' robots out there)
have you visited the quagmire?
have you swam in the shit?
the party conventions and the real politik
the faces always different, the rhetoric the same
but we swallow it, and we see nothing change
nothing has changed...
10 million dollars on a losing campaign
20 million starving and writhing in pain
big strong people unwilling to give
small in vision and perspective
one in five kids below the poverty line
one population runnin' out of time
Yes Imagine is the official anthem but this has a better beat.